9 January 2017 – We’re baaaaack…!
This week we kept is simple and talked about what we can all do to fight the good fight. For short term specifics we talked about the ACA Day of Action, scheduled for 15 January in cities and towns all around the nation and a sampling of many of the actions scheduled for Inauguration weekend.
Will used his block to talk again about the importance of Democrats who live in rural spaces, how to listen to them and how to activate them. I talked about the Indivisible Guide a fabulous new tool for optimizing the effectiveness of protest actions aimed at your members of Congress. Here are the “tools” links recommended by the Indivisible Guide:
- Call My Congress– Congressional office contact information
- GovTrack– Congressional district maps
- Vote Smart – voting history
- Open Secrets– campaign donation data
- Google Alerts – set one for all your representatives, federal and state so you know when something is written in the media about them
- Google News – find out which reporters are covering your representatives and district then follow those reporters on Twitter; remember to personalize your news with the names of your members of Congress
Here is just a sampling of the actions scheduled for the short term:
- The Women’s March
- Students Walk-Out Against Trump
- Not My President
- Occupy Inauguration: Chicago – one of many, many local protests planned look for one near you
Finally, here is that great New Republic article, Progressive Protesters are Ready for Trump. Thanks, Obama, by Graham Vyse and the New York Times editorial by Charles Blow, The Anti-Inauguration.
We have a fabulous interview coming up next week with Catherine Vaughan and other founding members of flippable.org. Until then, carrots! – Arliss